Monday, September 1, 2014

2014 September 1 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:23-24)
 
Today's Morsel: When I was in the military stationed in Okinawa, we took a flight to Hawaii.  But the military plane we were on stopped in Guam first.  While sitting in the airport, a Guamanian came up to me and began to talk with me.  He began to ask me about certain topics, and every subject that came up he knew something about it. From sports to politics, he was well versed.  But when he found out that I was a pastor, and the subject of Christianity came up, his knowledge was somewhat lacking.  The Lord told Jeremiah, "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD."  God isn't impressed with our worldly knowledge.  He wants us to know Him.
 
Sing:  The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.  The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.  I want to know You more, I want to know You more, the greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.
The greatest thing in all my life is loving you...
The greatest thing in all my life is serving you...

Thought for Today:  Both wisdom and money are defenses.  The difference is wisdom gives life. (King Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment