Wednesday, September 24, 2014

2014 September 24 - Morning Manna

Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard. (Ecclesiastes 9:16)
 
Today's Morsel:   Weight lifting has never made to much sense to me.  Don't get me wrong, I have lifted weights before to build up my upper body strength, but I think that we should have wisdom as to how much we lift.  And God forbid if you do not know your limit.  Solomon said that wisdom is better than strength.  When a man is wise, he is strong.  In so many ways, a man who may seem weak but possesses great wisdom is really strong.  It's amazing to me how many people will listen to a person who has a degree on their wall but not to one who doesn't.  Just because there is a certificate on the wall, doesn't mean that there is wisdom there.  As my parents used to say, you can be an educated fool.  My father had no secular education, and yet I find myself drawing from the wisdom of things that he said, and also from the wisdom of the things that he taught and showed me.  Even though a poor man's wisdom is despised and his word are not heard because he is poor, Solomon said, "Yet, because of his own wisdom he is strong."
 
Sing:  I am weak but Thou art strong, Jesus keep me from all wrong, I'll be satisfied as long, as I walk let me walk close to Thee.
Just a closer walk with Thee, grant it Jesus is my plea, daily walking close to Thee, let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
 
 
Thought for Today: Wisdom is better than strength. Therefore, get wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment