Saturday, September 20, 2014

2014 September 20 - Morning Manna

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Hebrews 5:12-14)
 
Today's Morsel: My wife had me mount a board in the garage so that she could measure all the kids' and grandkids' height so that each time they visit she can determine how much they have grown.  It's surprising how much each of them have grown since I mounted that board.   Throughout scripture, we are told to grow in Christ.  If we grow physically and not spiritually, we really haven't grown.  Peter tells us to grow in the grace of God (2 Peter 3:18), and Paul told the church of the Hebrews that they ought to be teachers (Hebrews 5:12).  If you are a born again believer and you do not have any kind of ministry in your church, I don't want to discourage you, but you aren't growing.  You are still on milk and Jesus is concerned.  What I find in the church is that when most people who do not have a ministry in the church it  is due to worldliness, intimidations, and fears.  Paul said that when he was a child he acted like a child.  But as he grew he put away childish things and became a man (my words).  Ask yourself, "Why am I not doing more for the Lord then I am doing?"
 
Sing: He's changing me, My Blessed Saviour, I'm not the same person that I used to be; well it's been slow going, but there's a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.
 
Thought for Today:  Satan doesn't have a retirement plan so stop working for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment