Thursday, May 1, 2014

2014 May 1 - Morning Manna

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.  (Psalms 50:15)
 
Today's Morsel: Most of us remember the kid's story, "Humpty Dumpty".  It is the story of a giant egg which fell off the wall and broke.  They called for help, but none of those summoned could put him back together again.  Isn't it amazing in this little childhood story that they never called for the king? All the kings horse and all the kings men could not put him back together again.  I just wonder what would have happened if they had called for the king.  There are so many shattered lives these days.  Homes are being shattered by divorce.  Lives are being shattered by harassment, abuse, drugs, alcohol, confusion of marriage, and the list goes on and on.  But few seem to be calling for the King.  There seems to be problems on every hand.  People are calling for help.  Give us more money. Give us more doctors.  Give us more drugs.  And nothing is fixing their problems.  Until we call for the King of Kings and Lord of Lord, Jesus Christ, and allow Him to put us back together again, the problems will always remain.  Who are you calling upon to fix your problems?   The Lord said, "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."
 
Sing:  Aren't you getting just a bit tired of fooling around? You're trying to laugh your way through this life, but you're not gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay and you'll find that Jesus is the best thing that you've ever found.
Jesus got a hold of my life and he won't let me go. Jesus got into my heart, he got into my soul.  I used to be oh so sad, but now I'm happy free and glad.  Cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He want let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment