Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2014 May 20 - Morning Manna

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
(Luke 15:20-21)
 
Today's Morsel: One of the sure signs that you are maturing in the Lord is that you are willing to take responsibility for your own actions.  But what I find more and more is that most people seek others to blame for their downfall or their wrong. They say, "I stopped going to that church because they were too strict." Or "They tried to tell me what I can and cannot wear." No, that's not the reason they left.  They left because they were not willing to take the responsibility to study the word of God for themselves and build a relationship with God so that they could gain understanding of the scriptures.  God always puts the responsibility on us for growth and obedience.  Moses received and gave the law, but it was the people's responsibility to obey it.  And of those who didn't, scripture says, "And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach" (Psalms 78:66).  The Prodigal Son took responsibility for his actions, what about you?
 
Sing: God has smiled on me, He has set me free. God has, smiled on me, He's been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment