Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 May 12 - Morning Manna

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (Acts 24:16)
 
Today's Morsel: I really love to exercise. I think if more people were to exercise, they would have less sickness; but of course, that is just my thinking. Paul must have often observed the Roman soldiers going through their daily routine of training, and he knew that what they did helped them in the physical, but not as much in the spiritual. In Ephesians 6, he addressed the whole armor of a soldier to show the Christian how they must be prepared for spiritual warfare.  You might want to read it sometime and see if there are any cracks or missing pieces in your armor.   And here in the Acts of the apostles, speaking to his followers, he says, "I exercise myself to always have a conscience void of offence toward God and men."   What a powerful statement.  Paul knew that God wants all men saved, and so he wanted to ensure that he did not offended any.  He knew that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.  So he wanted them to know that he himself wanted to be right.  He said that he exercised his conscience so that it never caused him shame, and that he acted in such a way that he was pleasing to both God and man so that he caused none others to fall.  A mind exercised in the word of God will keep your conscience pure and right every time.  He will keep you in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him.
 
Sing: I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord; I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord; I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord; I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment