Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 April 30 - Morning Manna

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 3:20-22)
 
Today's Morsel: Mountain climbing isn't easy.  Most men and women who set out to climb a mountain have one goal in mind, to conquer it.  They want to reach the summit so they can say they defeated and overcame it.  In this life, we must overcome the world if we plan to be with Jesus.  We must work to overcome those things that try to impede us from reaching our summit, heaven.  Sometimes, it may take us more than once before we can overcome it.  But, we must not give up or give in.  We must defeat it and overcome it in our life at all cost. When the children of Israel came into the promise land, they were to eradicate all their enemies from the land that God had given them.  However, after the death of Joshua, there was still land not conquered.  And so the children of Israel did not conquer their foes as God told them and their foes soon became a snare to them and they began to take on the ways of those nations around them, and it destroyed many of them.  Jesus said that the only way we can sit with Him in His Kingdom is that we must become overcomers of this world. How hard are you striving for the summit?
 
Sing:  You can talk about me, say what you want to say, you can stand around, wasting your time, but while you're talking, I'm gonna keep on walking, cause I've got heaven, on my mind. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to write for some time. I do not always have time to read daily, but I do have them coming in on my RSS Feed. Thank you. Now I wish there was a search engine, to be able to find a scripture or a thought…. Wishful thinking.
    You are doing a great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie Richardson…. forgot to let you know who I am.

    ReplyDelete