Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 April 21 - Morning Manna

Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.   (Proverbs 12:25)
 
Today's Morsel:   How many words do you think you speak per day? And of those words, how many of them do you think encourage and lift others or tear someone down.  I've tried to get to a point in my life now that the words I use uplift folks. Granted, I don't always succeed in my actions. Sometimes, that old tongue just says what is in my mind and I hurt folks. I guess James was right when he said, "For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body" (James 3:2). I think I may have to keep praying, as the psalmist did, asking the Lord to set a watch at my lips. "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips" (Psalms 141:3). "Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad", Solomon said. If God sent His Words and healed us, shouldn't we use our words to heal others?  Maybe that's one of those gifts of healing that Paul spoke of, (1 Corinthians 12:9). That being said, let me encourage you today: As you go about your day, see how many great things you can say to and about others, and see if it brings a smile to their faces and makes you feel better about yourself afterwards. 
 
Sing: I am the God that healeth thee, I am the Lord your healer, I sent My word and I healed your disease, I am the Lord, your healer.

No comments:

Post a Comment