Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2013 October 9 - Morning Manna

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar, And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself. And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. (Luke 23:34-38).
Today's Morsel: Every so often, when I'm in Hobby Lobby or Cracker Barrel, I like to read their signs. Some folk are very creative in their signing making. Some use scriptures. Some use famous quotes. And some use song lyrics. Most military units use signs for unit moral and espirit-de-corps. Even Pilate had a sign made to put above Jesus' Cross which read, "THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS." Many didn't want this sign to be posted. But Pilate let them know that what he had written, he wasn't changing. Are you looking for a special sign to post in your home? Why not choose the cross? It will always be a reminder of God's love for you.
Sing: I love you, I love you that’s what Calvary said, I love you, I love you, I love you written in red.

No comments:

Post a Comment