Saturday, October 5, 2013

2013 October 5 - Morning Manna

And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him. (1 Samuel 16:23)
Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you what your favorite style of music is, what would it be? I've heard people say that they love country. Some say that they love urban. While others say that they love contemporary. And then there are those who will say they like it all. To me, there are times that I like listening and hearing all of it, too. But in my home, I listen to more country gospel than the others because their singing seems to uplift Jesus and their songs remind me of heaven and what Jesus did for me, which lifts me up. I'm not downing the others, but I just find myself uplifted and feeling better when I've listened to country gospel more than other music styles. When Saul was plagued by evil spirits, he wanted someone to play some soothing music for him. And David was chosen to do that. When David played, the evil spirits departed and Saul was refreshed. If you feel as though you are being tormented by the enemy of your soul, why not listen to some uplifting music that edifies Jesus and allow it to refresh your soul.
 
Sing: The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back on Calvary, it's the blood that gives me strength from day to day, it will never lose it power. For it reaches to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley, it's the blood that gives me my strength from day to day, it will never, lose its power.

No comments:

Post a Comment