Thursday, October 10, 2013

2013 October 10 - Morning Manna

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:1-5)
 
Today's Morsel: Do you ever try to figure out what is good and acceptable to God? Do you ever wonder if what you are doing is well please with God? Most people know when what they are doing isn't pleasing to God because they will either turn off the T.V or video, pretend that they were doing something else, or they will immediately give you an excuse. Paul told the church at Rome that he was pleading with them to present their bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to God which was their reasonable service (my wording Romans 12:1-2). And he told Timothy to pray for all people because this was good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. When we are praying and interceding for peoples' lives, it's good and acceptable with God.
 
Sing: Hear my cry, oh God, attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee. And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock, that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment