Friday, October 18, 2013

2013 October 18 - Morning Manna

O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. (Psalms 38:1-5)
Today's Morsel: How much of what you are going through right now in your life is of your own doing? We hear people say, "If I could just turn back the hands of time, I would do things so much differently." But would they? Or would they make the same foolish mistakes? Why does it seem that people only want God when things don't seem to be working for them. Why does it seem they only want Him when their marriages are failing and they've lost their jobs or health? It's because their wounds are starting to stink. They can smell the wrong that they've done. There is this vile odor that comes into their nostrils, that says, "You are rotting away." David said, "My wounds stink because of my foolishness." Sin in your life will cause you to stink. Solomon said, "Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour"(Ecclesiastes 10:1). If you know that what you are doing is wrong, then why keep doing it causing yourself heartache and pain? If you want to get foolishness out of your life, tell God not to spare the rod. Allowing Him to purge you and cleanse you.
Sing: He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bonds of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God, He set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment