Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2013 October 8 - Morning Manna

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee. (Psalms 84:10-12)
 
Today's Morsel: What would you do if you knew that you could have anything you wanted just by asking? What would you ask for? The psalmist lets us know that no good thing will the Lord withhold from them that walk upright before him. The apostle Paul tells us that eyes have not seen nor ears heard the things which God has prepared for those that love him (1 Corinthians 2:9). So the question is, are you walking uprightly, do you love him, and what do you want? Paul tells us that our love must not be with dissimulation. It must be real love. God knows if we truly love Him or not. There is no faking it with Him. If you say that you love Him, He's going to test you to see. Ask Peter. The Lord told King David that if what he had given him was not enough all he had to do was ask. You didn't need to do what you did with Bathsheba and kill her husband (my wording). All you had to do was ask. So let me encourage you, don't violate your integrity to get things, if you truly love God, then ask Him for them. For he said, "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24).
Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning, give me oil in my lamp I pray. Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning, keep me burning till the break of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment