Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 January 8 - Morning Manna


A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (John 13:34-35)



Today's Morsel: How much would you say that Jesus loves you?  Calvary was more about love than about pain and suffering. It was about passion and compassion.  The book of Hosea is all about how much God loves the church.  As I read the book of Hosea, it is a book of perfect love.  Hosea is a book that shows that love isn't predicated on how others treat us even when they are part of us.  It shows us that God's love runs deep.  Hosea shows us that most people will marry based on looks rather than character.  Often, I ask myself, "Do I really love the way I say that I do? Do my actions really display God's love to others?"   A person's faith is often driven by their love for God.  Jesus told His disciples "a new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."   So my question to you today is this, do you love others, no matter their race, creed, or color?  Do you love the way that Jesus has loved you?  If not, we may not be His disciples.



Sing: Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little one to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment