Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 January 7 - Morning Manna


For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:19-21)



Today's Morsel: How long has it been since you've considered eternity? Would you say that you are ready for eternity or afraid of eternity?  I've noticed that many people talk about heaven, but no one seems to want to go.  And many of them sit around and complain about how bad they feel.  Paul said that living in this life is going to be all about Christ, and if he dies it is going to be gain.  He told Timothy, "Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:10-15).  Life is all about choices.  What I've found is that the more I do for Christ in this life, the happier and more content I am, and the more I find myself wanting to go to be with Christ.  Do you think Moses' walk up Mount Nebo was a sad one, knowing that he would not come down again, or was it with joy?  I believe that Moses went up with joy because he knew that to be present with the Lord was now gain.  "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do" Jesus said (Luke 17:10).  If we've done our duty well, we'll be just fine.



Sing: I'm going to a city, there be no more night. I'm going to a city, where Jesus is light. The trumpet's gonna sound and I'll be called away, I'm going to city some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment