Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013 January 12 - Morning Mana


Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men. Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment. Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth. Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them. And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches. Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency. For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning. If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children. When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. (Psalms 73:1-17)

Today's Morsel:  Here is Wisconsin, we get lots of snow and ice in the winter time and if you aren't careful, you can slip and hurt yourself really bad.  There is nothing, I don't think, that hurts as much as when you slip and fall on a hard surface.  The Psalmist said, "My feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped."  All because he became envious at the foolish, when he saw the prosperity of the wicked.   If we aren't careful, and I believe this is why some people backslide.  They see those in this world they think are prospering and doing great. They have status in life and they seem to have it all together. But the writer lets us know that they don't have it as good as it may seem. He said when I see all the things that they do and say against God, and are still prospering, it was too painful for him to understand, until.  He said, until I went into the house of God. When he went into the house of God, he realized that there was something waiting and pending for them. He said that God had set them in slippery places.  In other words, they too are going to soon slip and fall.  And great will be the fall thereof.  I don't know about you, but every time things start to look bad for me, it seems to stays with me, until I go to church. And then I hear the Word of God and I'm renewed.  My feet are soon reestablished and I am unshakable.  So if things are looking a little dreary for you today, when you go to the sanctuary, listen to the Word of God and it will make things better.

Sing: Beyond the open door there's a new and fresh anointing. Hear the Savior calling, you to go.  Walk on through the door for the Lord will go before you, into a great power than you've ever known before.

No comments:

Post a Comment