Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 January 16 - Morning Manna


"And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not"(Genesis 28:10-16).

Today's Morsel:  Often in scriptures, we see men who had dreams. Some of the dreams were a sign of blessings, while others were dreams of destruction.  Some dreams cause the dreamers to fear and quake, while others wanted to share them.  What is it about a dream that God gives them.  Solomon said, "For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words." (Ecclesiastes 5:3).  Job, said, "Thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions" (Job 7:14).  King Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him" (Daniel 2:1).  Often God reveals His power in dreams.  Jacob's dream was a vision of heaven.  He received instructions from God for his life the same as Solomon did when he dreamed.  The Lord told Jacob in his dream, "I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."   Jacob, who was fearful at this time, received assurance from God of His divine protect for his life.  God told King Solomon after he prayed in his sleep about the kingdom and sought wisdom from God for how to lead, "Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment; Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days. And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream." (1 Kings 3:11-15).  Dreams from God have power and will come to pass if we walk according to His Word and His ways.

Sing:  I dreamed of a city called Glory, So bright and so fair. When I entered the gates I cried, "Holy" The angels all met me there: They carried me from mansion to mansion, and oh the sights I saw, But I said, "I want to see Jesus, The One who died for all."(Chorus)

As I entered the gates of that city, my loved ones all knew me well. They took me down the streets of Heaven; such scenes were too many to tell;  I saw Abraham, Jacob and Isaac talked with Mark, and Timothy, but I said, "I want to see Jesus, cause He's the One who died for me." (Chorus)
Chorus
Then I bowed on my knees and cried, "Holy, Holy, Holy." I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory, Glory to the Son of God."
I bowed on my knees and cried, "Holy, Holy, Holy." Then I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory, Glory to the Son of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment