Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 January 28 - Morning Manna

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you what the purpose of the Word was, what would you tell them? Many do not understand the importance of the Word. When we understand that the Word was with God and the Word was God, we should understand the importance and value of the Word. The Word is what draws us closer and into an understanding of God. The Word is what brings us out of darkness into the light. Paul told Timothy that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. He told him that it would make him complete in the things of God. The Psalmist gives us insight as to the value of the Word. He said, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" (Psalms 119:11); "Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word" (Psalms 119:17); "Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word" (Psalms 119:41-42); "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me" (Psalms 119:50); "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! "(Psalms 119:103); and , "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"(Psalms 119:105). When we understand the value of the Word, we too will be able to say, "It is well with my soul."
Sing: As I open my Bible and sat down to read one day, as I flipped through the pages I heard a voice say, 'My son you may grow weary, but I have one thing to say, inside these pages is what man needs today.'
He said, 'Read and obey it and you'll be blessed each day. Read and obey it, because there's no other way, that a man can be happy and have peace to enjoy. My son read these pages, because the Word is the Lord.'

No comments:

Post a Comment