Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2013 January 23 - Morning Manna


My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:1-6)

Today's Morsel: The story is told of a mountain climber who was climbing a mountain during the winter night and he slipped and fell.  As he was falling his safety line caught him.  In sheer pain while dangling in the air, he prayed, "Lord, save me."  It was night and he could not see how far he was from the ground.  He heard a still small voice saying, "Let go of the rope."  But the climber was afraid to let go because he didn't know how far he was from the ground or where he was.  And so he froze to death in the night's frigid weather.  The next day, the newspaper reported that a mountain climber was found dead holding to his rope about three feet off the ground.

Do you have trouble trusting God?  Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice and I Am known of them."  What would it take for you to put your trust in God?  Solomon said that we should trust God at all cost and not lean to our own understanding.  The preacher who prayed with me when I received the Holy Ghost told me about a trip when he went from Sacramento, California, to London, England, to see the queen with one dollar in his pocket. He trusted God and he went. And when he returned he had the same dollar.  God has had me make pledge without the money on hand and then He has provided it time and time again.  David said,  "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread" (Psalms 37:25).  He also said, "Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright. Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call" (Psalms 20:6-9).  There is a reward attached to your confidence.

Sing: Trust and obey for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment