Saturday, September 8, 2012

2012 September 8 - Morning Manna

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
Today's Morsel: Solomon said that respecting and morally reverencing God are the beginning of knowledge. How is it that so many people can seem to be so smart in so many things and yet not know God. What is even scarier to me, is,the number of people who say that they are Christian and yet they display or possess little or no godly wisdom. "Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God, the psalmist said" (Psalms 53:4). I believe that because man does not reverence God, he doesn't get to live out half his days. When we understand why we do what we do, it makes life so much simpler. B ut many folks do not know why they do what they do. I asked a person once why they had gotten a tattoo on their body. And to my surprise they said that they didn't know. I said, "You mean to tell me you spent all that money to have it done and you don't know why you did it?" Help us Lord! Solomon said that fools despise wisdom and instructions. In other words, people who say that there is no God (Psalms 14:1) will not receive wisdom and instruction. I believe that one of the reasons so many countries are facing disasters is because they don't know God. Scripture says, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God", David said (Psalms 9:17). But Daniel admonishes us, "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits" (Daniel 11:32). When you know God, you are going to be strong and do great things. Because when you know Him, you love Him, and when you love Him, you reverence Him, and reverence Him The Truth will make you free.
Sing: I know it was the blood! I know it was the blood! I know it was the blood saved me. One day when I was lost Jesus died on the cross, and I know it was the blood saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment