Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2012 September 11 - Morning Manna

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Today's Morsel: Probably one of the most quoted scriptures in the Bible is Proverbs 3:5-6, and yet it is also probably the least obeyed. For some reason, Christians like to quote scriptures, but not obey them. I guess Jesus was right when He said, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:8-9). When are we going to get to the point that we trust Him is all areas of our lives? Did He not fulfill His promise to Abraham? Did He not bring Jacob back to Bethel? Did He not send the Holy Ghost (the Comforter) back the way that He said He would? God is not a man that He should lie. I believe if we would not lean unto our own understanding, but pray as He taught us, "Your will be done" and trust Him to do it the way that He wants to do it, we woul be in much better shape. A true believer should say as Job, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him"(Job 13:15-16). If God isn't going to forsake us, then we need to learn to trust. We walk by faith and not by sight.
Sing:Lord, You promised if I keep my mind on You, You'd keep me in perfect peace. (Yes you would, you'd keep me in perfect peace). With a sincere heart, if I called upon Your name, You'd never turn away from me (No, no you'd never turn away from me), said you'd give me everything I need (You'd give me everything I need). I came for deliverance, deliverance I'll receive, You said You'd deliver me and that's what I believe. came for salvation, Lord, Salvation I'll receive, You said You would save me, Lord And that's what I believe. I came just to hear Your word, Your word will I receive, You said You would send Your word, And that's what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment