Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2012 September 18 - Morning Manna

Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever. (Psalms 28:6-9)
Today's Morsel: There's an old saying that says, "If you think God is far away, guess who moved." I like to sit and meditate on the scriptures. The reason I do this is because Paul tells us in Romans 15:4, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." Today's passages is one of those passages that grabbed my attention. Notice the encouraging words that give us hope here.
1. God hath heard my supplications. God has heard my prayers, plea, and requests. That lets me know that God is attentive to my request.
2. God is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped. Here we see that God is our protector and provider.
3. God is the strength for others. Not only does He strengthen us, He strengthens others as well.
4. God is the saving strength of His anointed. When we are filled with God's Spirit, we are the anointed ones, and God will save us from anything we face or that may come against us. David said, 'Now know I that the Lord will save His anointed' (Psalms 20:6).
5. God will save his people, bless them, feed them, and lift them up. God isn't about to let His chosen suffer. Again David said, "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread"(Psalms 37:25).
When we allow the word to minister to us, we see that God is speaking right back to the core of our hearts. As Jesus said: "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom"(Luke 12:32).
Sing: I've got a God who with His angels watches over me, I've got a God who puts my enemy beneath my feet, I've got a God who is with me when I'm sick or when I'm feeling well, I've got a God, I've got a God, and my God, never fails; I've got a God.

No comments:

Post a Comment