Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012 September 13 - Morning Manna

And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat. Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:13-15)


Today's Morsel: In all of our lives, we come to a time that we have to make some very tough decisions. When I was in the Army, I had to keep deciding if I would reenlist or not. Even in the ministry when we hit those times of uncertainty, we have to decide if we are going to keep going or give up. Joshua told the children of Israel that they had to decide which god they were going to serve. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell." But then he told them, just so you know what I'm going to do, me and my house, we will serve the Lord. The choice about you serving God is a choice that cannot be over looked. Sad to say, so many do not choose to serve God until it's too late. When they find themselves in trouble, indebtedness, on the verge of divorce, pregnant out of wedlock, or when their lives are totally out of control, that is when they want to come to God. Granted, in these situations, God is the place to go, but wouldn't it be better for us made the decision to serve Him when we were in our right mind? One of the things of coming to God when we are full of problems and cares is that we have a hard time trusting Him to fix the problem. And the reason is our hearts are usually broken and we don't realize that God has to have time to put it back together again. And often people don't give Him the sufficient time to work on their behalf because the enemy of their soul makes them feel guilty. The choice you make today about God will be the same choice that determines your final destination. Choose you this day whom you will serve, as for me and my house - we will serve the Lord.


Sing: I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment