Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2012 September 26 - Morning Manna

Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews: Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently. (Acts 26:1-3)


Today's Morsel: Have you ever had someone say to you, "Why are you always smiling?" Or maybe they said, "What's so funny?" You see when you are smiling you are saying, "I have joy on the inside and no one can take that away." The Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength (Isaiah 12:3), and that in His presence is fullness of joy (Psalms 16:10), and the fruit of the spirit is joy (Galatians 5:22). With this much joy, shouldn't all of God's children have a smile on their faces and a bounce in their steps when they walk. Shouldn't they be elated with every church service and shouldn't they arise every day saying, "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it?" Paul told King Agrippa, "I think myself happy." The Greek word forhappy here is Makarios: mak-ar'-ee-os; which means to be supremelyblest; fortunate, well off, blessed, happy. So Paul, knowing that Jesus was always with him, counted himself the same as I do, "Blessed and highly favored of the Lord." And as one song writer said, "There ain't no devil in hell gonna steal my joy." I know that may not be proper English to some, but when you have the joy of the Lord and you are happy, you just need to say, "So be it!" Oh' how I wish that more people would think themselves fortunate, well off, and see themselves blessed and think themselves happy.
Sing: If you're happy, and you know it, say amen, say amen. Well, if you're happy, and you know it, say amen, amen; cause when God's Spirit falls on you, makes you shout hallelujah, if you're happy and you know it say amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment