Friday, September 7, 2012

2012 September 7 - Morning Manna

And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not. And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel. (1 Kings 18:41-45)
Today's Morsel: Have you ever looked and looked for something that you were missing and couldn't find it? And then you look again later and you found what you were looking for in one of the places you had already looked? And you said to yourself, "I know I looked there and it wasn't there before." And you start thinking, someone is playing tricks on me. Or you may say, the devil is messing with my mind.
When it hadn't rained for three and a half years, Elijah said unto Ahab, "Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain." So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, go up now, look toward the sea. Elijah told the king that it was going to rain. Not only that it was going to rain, but that it was going to be a mighty downpour. So you better get moving toward shelter. And then he sent his servant to go look toward the sea. But his servant came back and said, "There is nothing." And Elijah told him to go seven times. I'm sure the servant thought, "I've looked three times and I've told you there is nothing there." But He was told seven, the same way Naaman was told to dip seven times in the Jordan River (2 Kings 5). Seven is God's number of perfection. If the man of God tells you to do something that isn't immoral or doesn't go against God's Word, do it! And so after seven times, Elijah's servant returned and said, "Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand." This was confirmation to Elijah that it was going to rain because little is much when God is in it. And scripture says, "And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain." Sometimes what you are looking for from God might require you to keep looking. God says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 29:11-14). Don't stop looking, because what you are looking for is still right there.
Sing: I'm looking for a miracle. I see the invisible. I fell the intangible. You know the sky, the sky is the limit to what I can have; The sky is the limit to what I can have, If you will believe it, you will receive it, God will perform it today, yea, yea; if you will believe it, you can receive it, and God will perform it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment