Tuesday, September 25, 2012

2012 September 25 - Morning Manna

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
Today's Morsel: Someone askedthe question, "What's so amazing about grace? What's so incredible, remarkable or so wonderful about grace?" Grace is God's unmerited love towards us. Grace is amazing because you are getting something that you don't deserve. It's someone providing something to you that you could never have purchased or obtained by yourself. Oftentimes, grace is overlooked by many because they don't understand it or they think that they have to earn it. But Paul said that grace is the gift of God. You see, grace is one of those good and perfect gifts that James spoke of that only comes from God (James 1:18). When we receive grace, it's God opening to us His good treasure from His storehouse. It's God saying, "I want to give that person something special that no one else can give to them." The reason grace is so amazing is because God looks beyond our faults and sees our need, and then meets that need.
Sing: Amazing grace, shall always be my song of praise. For it was grace that bought my liberty. I do not know just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond, my faults, and saw my need.
I shall forever, lift, my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross, where Jesus died for me, how marvelous, the grace that caught my falling soul, He looked beyond, my faults, and saw my need.

No comments:

Post a Comment