Saturday, September 15, 2012

2012 September 15 - Morning Manna

So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter. (Ecclesiastes 4:1)
Today's Morsel: There seems to be a lot of oppression in the church these days. There just seems to be much worry, stress, and trouble in people's lives. And so I began to search the cause and try to look for a solution. And do you know what I came away with? Oppression is being caused by most of the individuals themselves. Because many of them think that bigger is better and that more is success and that pleasing man is more important than pleasing God. Oppression, depression, weariness, and stress should never be in the child of God's portfolio because we have too many exceeding precious promises from God to negate these things. One of the things I've found in my search, also, is that the church doesn't seem to be a church anymore. Some have made it into a business. They've come up with all these departments, heads, and committees. That's not church, that a business. And when the church becomes a business, then people have to be concerned about time. What time do we punch in and what time do we punch out. Don't go over time nor exceed my time because I don't have the time, they say. I noticed that people's hair is falling out and turning gray (and it's not from wisdom), aches and pains, baggy and saggy eyes, the deer in the head light look, and sleeplessness are only a few of the outward signs many carry. How in the world could a born again believer become their own worst enemy? I guess the quote was right when it says, "We Have Found The Enemy and He Is Us." Paul told the church at Corinth, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3). You know, Jesus was correct and straight forward when he said, "For the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light" Luke 16:8). And all the while I was doing my search for the cause of oppression and looking for a solution, the Lord kept speaking to me what Hosea said, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." So here is your solution to oppression. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee"(Isaiah 26:3).
Sing: Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will go strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment