Saturday, October 30, 2010

2010 October 30 - Morning Manna

 Then Job answered and said, Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me. Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me. There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge. Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold (Job 23:1-10).

Today's Morsel: I have heard many people questioning their faith, because they can't seem to find God or they keep falling.  Well, I don't know of too many babies that walk without first falling.  A baby has to get his bones and muscles strong to be able to stand.  When you start out on this walk, you are a baby, and you have to have your spiritual bones and muscles developed before you can stand and walk on your own.  Like a baby, you need help at the start.  That's why God gives you a pastor.   Many people want to hear that audible voice from God, or see Jesus' face before they will believe.  But that's not faith.  It may increase your faith, but faith isn't predicated on seeing, but it is based on trust and believing the unseen.  As Jesus told Thomas,  "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed" (John 20:29).  When Job  was suffering, he wanted to find God so he could ask the reason of his suffering.  He said, I'm looking for him, but I can't find him. But one thing was certain, Job knew that God knew the way that he took and where he was, and when he appeared before God, he would come forth as gold, pure.  What about us when we stand before him?  Will we be pure as gold?  Will our lives reflect that we've held true to our faith and trust in God?  Will we still be set apart as vessels fit for the Master's use?  Let me encourage you, keep walking the walk and maintaining a steady pace.  Remember, mustard seed faith is little faith that grows to big faith.  Friend, don't question your faith because others may seem to be more spiritual than you.  Jesus is the one who determines our faith, not man.

Sing:  Faith, faith, faith, just a little bit of faith.  Faith, faith, faith, just a little bit of faith.  You don't need a whole lot, just use what you've got. Faith, faith, faith, just a little bit of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment