Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2010 October 20 - Morning Manna

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. (2 Corinthians 5:6-9)


Today's Morsel: Have you ever had anyone say to you, "Let's go sightseeing?" I've thought about that saying many times, and thought to myself, shouldn't it be "Site seeing?" If I'm seeing, don't I already have sight? If I want to see buildings and things, aren't they called "Sites"? Okay, I'm not an English major, but a Sergeant Major. Are you walking by faith with Jesus, trusting completely in His Word with assurance that He will guide you over the land and weary ways? Are you trusting without having any cause of fear and dread for what may lie ahead? Are you finding great joy along your way, as you are walking with Jesus every day, knowing that while you walk with Him you will never roam and that He will never leave you alone? Are you truly walking by faith and not by sight, and trusting Him with great delight? If you can see where you are going, it isn't a faith walk, it's a sight walk.

Are you daily trusting in His grace each hour? Let me encourage you today, push your faith button a little bit more, and give Jesus first shot to take care of anything that seems wrong in your life. Try Jesus before you take matters into your own hands. See what He will do for you.

Sing: Walking by faith with Jesus the Lord on my way home. Walking by faith with Jesus the Lord, striving each day, to gain the reward, till I reach home, no more will I roam, because I am walking by faith with Jesus the Lord on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment