Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2010 October 27 - Morning Manna

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again. (Philippians 1:21-26)


Today's Morsel:  If someone were to ask you what the most difficult decision you've had to make in your life was, what would it be?  Some decisions are easy, while others may be tough to make.  Sometime swe may even have to ask others for their opinion about our decisions, to ensure that we do not make the wrong decision.  Even though the final decision is up to us, there is always that calm assurance when we know that what we are thinking is right for us, and that others agree.  Paul had a big decision to make here. He says, I am in a strait between two.  He said, I want to go and be with the Lord, which is better for me, but for you, it is better that I remain here for your furtherance of joy and faith. Talk about a self-less servant.  Placing the needs of others above your own.  Not everyone will do that.  Paul said, " For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:6-8).  But when you understand who you are in Christ, and what He has called you to do, you then understand that the more you can carry with you to heaven, the better it is.  It is much better than going alone. What decision are you faced with today? Have you looked into God's Word for His help?  Joel said, "Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision" (Joel 3:14).

Sing: I have decided, to follow Jesus. I have to decided, to follow Jesus. I have decided, to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment