Saturday, October 2, 2010

2010 October 2 - Morning Manna

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning (Psalms 30:1-5).


Today's Morsel: How many times would you say in your life that you have been sick and God healed you? Do you believe that Jesus still heals? Isaiah said "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed"(Isaiah 53:5). The Psalmist said, "O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." Has God healed you and you don't realize it? Are the medical personnel still giving you medication to take and God has already healed you? Do you feel that you aren't healed because of the pain that you still feel? I saw a sweatshirt once that said, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." The Psalmist today is full of encouragement with this Psalm. He said, "O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit." And then he tells us, "Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Our instructions from Paul are, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:19-20). Let me encourage you, don't focus of the pain, but focus on the Healer. Sing songs of praise to Him and see what He will do for you.

Sing: By and by when the morning comes, and all the saints of God are gathering home, we will tell the story, how we've overcome, and we'll understand it better by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment