Friday, October 29, 2010

2010 October 29 - Morning Manna

Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me (Job 19:23-27).

Today's Morsel:  There seem to be many books written, and that are still more being written.  The book of Job is a book that I believe that everyone should read.  Job shows how Christians should respond when things that are not good or expected come into their lives.  It is a reflection of how we should remain focused when we are unfairly accused.  It shows how we should react when the things we've heard that have happened to others, are now happening to us.  It even shows us how to live through pain and suffering.  When Job said, "Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock forever," someone heard him, and they did.  And the words that came from him have been an inspiration for so many.  When the apostle James wanted to get his point across about faith to the church, he said, "Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy" (James 5:11).  Somewhere, James read and heard how Job was patient and waited on the Lord.  There are many books that can bring enlightenment to your situation, but none of them will get you through it like the Bible will.  Paul said, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4).  I believe that Paul used Job as an example during his time of suffering and afflictions.  As the Psalmist said, "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me" (Psalms 119:50).  Thank God for His Word, the Bible.  It is the number one best seller year after year.  Do you have a copy?  Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not pass away, Jesus said.

Sing:  In the book it's written "Saved by Grace", O the joy that came to my soul! Now I am forgiven, and I know, by the blood I am made whole.

Chorus: There's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine, O yes, it's mine! And the white robed angels sing the story, "A sinner has come home."  For there's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine, O yes, it's mine! With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven, never more to roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment