Friday, October 15, 2010

2010 October 15 - Morning Manna

And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us. Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye. And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go. So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood. But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed. And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it (2 Kings 6:1-7).


Today's Morsel: I think probably one of the hardest things to do when you've borrowed something from someone else and you lose it is to go back and tell them you've lost it. I think one of the reasons it's hard is that we think that the person may not believe us. But on the other hand, if we go and say, "I lost the item that you let me borrow and I am willing to replace it or to pay you for it," then our apprehension is lessened. The man in today's passage was concerned because the axe was borrowed and he knew the value of an axe, as they were not easy to come by. And so he cried to the man of God for his help in getting it back. Apparently this man was a man of faith, as he knew who to turn to in his dilemma. Elisha asked him where did it fall? And he showed him the place. Jesus told the church of Ephesus in the book of Revelation, "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent"(Revelation 2:4-5). Have you lost any of the things that Jesus has let you borrow? Since everything that we have belongs to Him, do you still have it in your possession? As Jesus prayed in the garden, He said, "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled"(John 17:12). Do you still have the peace and joy that He gave to you? Let me encourage you today, hold fast to the things that He's entrusted you with. You will someday have to give an account.

Sing: I've still got my joy. I've still got my joy. After all things I've been through, I've still got my joy. I've still got my joy. I've still got my joy. After all things I've been through, I've still got my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment