Monday, June 7, 2010

2010 June 7 - Morning Manna

And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:9-11).


Today's Morsel: The transition between Elijah and Elisha was unique in that it was ordained of God. But when Elijah asked Elisha to ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee, Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. How many of you would like a double portion of Jesus' Spirit? Joel said that God would pour out of His Spirit upon all flesh in the last days (Joel 2:28). When the 120 were filled with Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost, the apostle Peter preached that this was that which the prophet Joel had prophesied would happen (Acts 2:1-17). The apostle Paul wrote to the church at Romans," But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you"(Romans 8:11). The word "quicken" here comes from the Greek word, zōopoieō which means to (re-) vitalize (literally or figuratively): - make alive, give life. Jesus said I came that they might have life. He came to quicken us by His Spirit. The Spirit makes us alive and gives life (2 Corinthians 3:6), Paul said. Are you alive? What gospel were you saved by?

Sing: Baptize me Jesus, with the Holy Ghost, I shall have power, your word says so. Satan is busy, trying to turn me around, but I've determined, to stand my ground. But I can't do it, I can't do it, not until you fill me with the Holy Ghost!

No comments:

Post a Comment