Monday, June 21, 2010

2010 June 21 - Morning Manna

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me (John 5:33-39).


Today's Morsel: There is nothing more enjoyable than searching scripture. The Word of God has everything in it. If you need hope, it's there. If you need encouragement, it's there. If you need friendship, it's there. If you need an understanding in the decision making process, it's there. If you need knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, it's there. Jesus left nothing that we would have need of out from His word. He is the Word made flesh (John 1:14) and He is our Creator (Colossians 1:16), He left nothing that we would have need of out of the Bible. Jesus said, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." The scriptures point us to Jesus, the giver of eternal life and He gives life more abundantly. If your life isn't full of joy and excitement, search the scriptures. Jesus said, " These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full" (John 15:11). The only life that should be boring and dull is a life without Jesus. For in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore (Psalms 16:11).

Sing: Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus, daily let me go; higher, higher, in the school of wisdom, more of grace to know.

O deeper yet, I pray, and higher every day, and wiser blessed Lord, in Thy precious holy word.

No comments:

Post a Comment