Friday, June 18, 2010

2010 June 18 - Morning Manna

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation (Psalms 91:11-16).


Today's Morsel: I've often wondered why Satan chose this passage of scripture to tempt Jesus when he took him up into the holy city and sat him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone" (Matthew 4:5-6). Did he not know that being God, Jesus was aware of the scripture more than he was? One of the scriptures the devil likes to ues against Christian to keep them drinking, is the one where Jesus turned the water into wine at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2: 1-11). They say, "See, Jesus turned water into wine and therefore, it is okay to drink it." You must obtain wisdom in God's Word before you act. Many people fail to read what Solomon said about drinking when he said, " Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"(Proverbs 20:1). Then he said, "Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again". (Proverbs 23:29-35). Do not err my brethren, we are to not be ignorant of Satan's devices.

Sing: I command you Satan in the name of the Lord, to pick up your weapons and flee, for God hath given me the authority to walk all over thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment