Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 June 28 - Morning Manna

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"(Ephesians 6:10-18).


Today's Morsel: When I was a Drill Instructor, our motto was "The more sweat in peace, the less blood in combat." How much of the enemy's darts do you think you can handle? I think that a lot of born again believers do not realize that they were born again to get into the battle. I believe that many of them thought that once they gave their lives to Jesus, everything was going to be a cake-walk in the park. Spiritual warfare is real. But you were born again to fight against the kingdom of darkness. So make sure you prove each piece of your armor daily. One of the worst things that can happen to a soldier in battle is to have the enemy coming against you and find that part of your battle-gear doesn't work. All of the armor God gave you is for defensive measures, other than the sword of the spirit which is the Word of God. The Sword is our offensive weapon and we use it to fight. When things start coming against you, know that you were born for this battle and you are equipped to fight it.

Sing: When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light. Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord goes ahead, He lead whatever betide!

Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face. There to sing forever, of His saving grace. On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all passed, home at last, ever to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment