Fervent Love
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.” (1 Peter 4:7-8)
Today’s Morsel: How much do you love others in your life? What about the church? I’m sometime perplexed, especially in the church, when I have all these folks telling me that they love me, and yet they never call me, text me, send me a card, or contact me in any way. I’m starting to feel like an unwanted child. Peter tells us to have fervent love among ourselves. We ought to love each other deeply, because it covers all sin. We must love each other earnestly and sincerely. Paul tells us to let our love be with dissimulation. Our love ought to be real because God is love, and love came with the Holy Spirit, and love is the bond that brings us into perfectness. I have heard folks say, “I don’t like that person, but I must love them because the Bible says so.” That is confusing to me. How can you love someone you don’t like? If I don’t like you, the likelihood of me loving you isn’t going to happen either. I like that which is attributed to Abraham Lincoln when he said, “I don’t like that man, I need to spend more time with him so that I get to know him better.” If there is someone in the family of God, or a co-work, that you may not like, why not trying spending a little more time with them and get to know them. You may be surprised that you may have more in common than you think and it may foster a wonderful friendship and strengthen your love for them.
Sing: I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me, Love lifted me, when nothing else could help, Love lifted me. Love lifted me, Love lifted me, when nothing else could help, Love Lifted me.
Thought For Today: “These things I command you, that ye love one another.” (John 15:17)
Amen! Thanks, Bro. Parker.
ReplyDelete