Thursday, August 13, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 August 13

Stop Hiding Your Love

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:34-35)

Today’s Morsel: When I was a kid and, in the world, I listened to a lot of so-called love songs. One of my favorites was titled, “What the World Needs Now is Love.” From creation, God displayed His love for His creation. Because God is love (1 John 4:7-8), scripture calls for us to love others also. I believe that the whole purpose for the law was to show us how to love others.  We know that love is the opposite of hate, so as Christians we must not hate anyone. We can hate the sin, but not the person. When King Jehosophat asked King Ahab to enquire of the Lord if they should go to war, Ahab told him that there was a prophet, Micaiah, but he hated him because he never spoke anything good about him. Upon hearing these words, King Jehosophat said, “Let not the king say so.” We are called to love, not hate. Paul told the church at Rome: “Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” (Romans 12:9). He told the church at Corinth, that the greatest gift one could have was love. And that this was the gift that they should honestly seek after. He told the church at Philippi: “If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.” (Philippians 2:1-2) When we have the same love as Christ, which we all ought to have if we say that we have His Spirit in us, then we should be no respecter of persons, we should be no hater of others, there should be no unethical practice by us, and no disunity of the body, nor pride in our lives, and no gossip in our tongue. None of these things are in Christ and they must not be in us. Remember, John said, “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.” (1 John 4:11)

Sing: I love you; I love you; I love you; what more can I say, but that I truly love you. And I’ll try to live my life so that it says it, too. I love you; I love you; I really love you.

Thought For Today: “These things I command you, that ye love one another.” (John 15:17)

1 comment: