God Is Always In Control
“For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:10-11)
Today’s Morsel: Isaiah informs us that God will work if we let Him (Isaiah 43:13). God is always in control. There is nothing hidden from Him that He is not aware of. Ezra states “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.” (2 Chronicles 16:9) Paul states, He that searches’ the heart knows what is the mind of the Spirit because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God (Roman 8:27). God is always at work on our behalf. When Philip brought Nathanel to Jesus, Jesus called him and Israelite in whom there was no guile. “Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.” (John 1:48). When He conversed with the woman at the well: “Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.” (John 4:16-19) And when He told Peter, “Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice…; And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.” (Matthew 26:34, 45). Peter was shocked when what Jesus told him was going to happen, happened just like he said. Jesus is in control. If he tells you that something is going to happen, prepare your heart as it will come to pass. God cannot lie. He’s the one in control.
Sing: Saved and I’m happy today, thanks be to God for this I can say, that I’m saved and I’m happy today, I’m walking up the Kings highway.
Thought For Today: “Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:1-2)
No comments:
Post a Comment