Monday, August 31, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 August 31

The Great I Am

“And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” (Exodus 3:13-14)

Today’s Morsel: When Moses asked God who he should tell the people that sent him to deliver them, He’s told by God to tell them “I Am” hath sent Him. Moses is probably thinking like some of us. Who is going to believe me when I just say, “I AM” hath sent me. What Moses fails to realize was, that he was just told by God, that “I AM” the God of your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Exodus 3:6). So, God was saying, I believe is, just tell them that I Am the God of their fathers and this ought to suffice them as to who I Am. As the Lord had said that Abraham would command his children after him. And Abraham knew God personally, the same as did Isaac and Jacob. When Philip asked Jesus to show him the father and it would suffice them. “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.” (John 14:9-10). And Paul informs us: “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3:16) If you want to know who Jesus is, He is the Great I Am!

Sing: He’s the Great I Am, the Everlasting Father, He’s the Prince of Peace, the Great Eternal Wonder, Holy Counselor, and Zions righteous governor, He’s the Great, He’s the Great I Am.

Thought For Today: “Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.” (John 13:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment