Don’t Ever Forget God
“Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.” (Psalms 150:1-6)
Today’s Morsel: One of the last things that Moses informed the Children of Israel, just prior to them cross overing into the Promise Land, was that they must not forget God. He told them if they forgot Him, that God would turn again and do them hurt. That same caution is given to us today. We must not forget God. No matter how good life gets, or how bad, we must not forget God. Sometime our bad days may be God’s way of developing us. You see, at some point, God wants us to be able to stand on our own two feet and make choices based on the word He has given to us. Jesus could have stopped the storm the disciples were in at any time. But He allowed the disciples to use their own minds to decide what they would do. And when they saw that their way was fruitless, they decided to wake Jesus up. Jesus didn’t chide them for not trying; he chided them for a lack of faith. At least they didn’t forget God. They knew that He could solve the issue. And so, they woke Him. Scripture says: “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” (Psalms 50:15) You can keep fighting trouble in your life on your own, or you can call on God. Remember, without Him we can do nothing. So, don’t forget Him, He will be a friend that sticks closer than a brother.
Sing: I’m gonna to praise the Lord anyway that I can. I’m going to praise the Lord anyway that I can. I’m gonna praise Him in the morning, praise Him all day long, I’m gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can.
Thought For Today: “Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.” (Deuteronomy 6:12)
No comments:
Post a Comment