Holding On To Hope
“Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.” (Proverbs 13:12)
Today’s Morsel: Like faith, hope is one of those character traits that must be lived out in your life. From a child, we learn to use the word hope. “I hope we get there on time.” “I hope our team wins.” “I hope the plane isn’t late.” “I hope I can sit beside you on the bus.” “I hope I get hired for the job.” “I hope I get promoted.” “I hope she likes me.” “I hope he doesn’t preach too long.” “I hope he doesn’t call on me to give an answer.” Why do we sometimes see hope from an evil standpoint, and not a good standpoint? Solomon states that sometimes our continual waiting can cause pain and suffering and even steal our joy. But when that we hope for comes, it is then seen as a tree of life. It refreshes us. Paul informs us: “For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” (Romans 8:24-25) Paul lets us know that hope must be accompanied with patience. We must learn to wait on God through trust and faith while we wait. He also tells us: “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:9) If you are waiting with hope, hold on, it will come and not tarry.
Sing: My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Thought For Today: “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” (Romans 5:3-5)
No comments:
Post a Comment