Monday, August 10, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 August 10

How’s Your Zeal For The Things of God?

“Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” (Romans 10:1-4)

Today’s Morsel: How passionate are you about the things of God? We see in scripture, that after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, by the apostles and disciples of Jesus, they became very zealous about the gospel and what it meant. They had a clear understanding and knew what it meant and how to live it out in their lives. Even the apostle Paul himself was zealous for the things of God, but not according to knowledge. Paul was so zealous that he thought that by persecuting, murdering, and trying to stop this new sect, that by his zeal, he was doing the right thing. But he realized his error after meeting Jesus. Paul told the church that what he did, he did it in ignorance. Paul had a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. And he informed the church at Rome that his brothers the Jew, too, have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For, like himself, he said, they are ignorant of God's righteousness, and are going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. Like were some today, trying to make themselves holy and righteous, when Christ has already done that for them. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth, Paul said. All folks need to do is stop leaning unto their own understanding and do what the Word of God has already instructed them to do; and they would already become righteous, because Jesus is the God of righteous. Do you have a zeal for the things of God? Is it according to His righteousness?

Sing: I’ve anchored in Jesus, the storms of life, I’ll brave. I’ve anchored in Jesus; I fear no wind or wave. I’ve anchored in Jesus, for He hath power to save; I’ve anchored to the Rock of Ages.

Thought For Today: “And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.” (John 2:16-17)

2 comments:

  1. Grateful day, and what a though-provoking "morsel"! I don't wanna be slothful in my zeal for the things of God, but fervent in the spirit of serving the Lord. I think about the "Weeping Prophet", Jeremiah. Despite his intense emotional sufferings and persecutions, he never abandoned his calling nor turned away from God! His calling to preach was so strong that he said: "But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones (Jeremiah 20:9)."

    ReplyDelete