Are You Trusting In The Right Thing?
“Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright. Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.” (Psalms 20:6-9)
Today’s Morsel: Some folks will trust in others and things but not trust in God. I have yet had any of them explain to me why they do not trust in God, who only has their best interest at heart. If God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that we could live and have eternal life, shouldn’t we trust in Him. When God told Abraham to leave home and He would bless him, Abraham obeyed. When God told him to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice, Abraham obeyed. Some today refuse to trust God when it comes to tithe and offerings and giving to the church or witnessing to others about Christ. For some reason they lose their trust in God to care for them or give them the words to say. Faith requires you to take God at His word. He is not a man that He should lie. So, are you trusting in things and others over God? Jesus said, For without me you can do nothing (John 15:5). Solomon tells us: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6) Notice the words and lean not unto your own understanding. Because God’s ways and thoughts are not as our, we must trust Him based on His word, and not on what we can see. As Paul said: “For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:24,28). If you are going to trust in something, make sure it’s the right thing. Like Jesus!
Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the roaring sea; For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over me.
And I trust in God, I know He cares for me, on the mountain bleak, or out on the stormy seas. Though come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over, me.
Thought For Today: “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.” (Psalms 37:5)
Amen. I will trust Jesus to give me the words to say as I give witness to others about Him! Thank you!
ReplyDelete