Friday, April 26, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 26

Character

 

“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.” (Revelation 3:7-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: It has been stated that personality has the power to open doors, but it is character that will keep them open. Doors will always be open to those whose conduct and actions are beyond reproach. That is why you need to be aware of every picture that you post, or word that you say on Facebook or other social media platforms. Someone is always watching you. Even your neighbors may be called on someday to testify of your character. I have received calls and e-mails asking me to rate people’s character who have put me on their job application for a character reference. But sad to say, some of them I have had to give a no comment, because I have seen some of their social media posts. Paul told the church at Rome: “Let not then your good be evil spoken of:” (Romans 14:16) Someone is always watching you. Even those in your own household. The story is told of a family that wanted to impress their new pastor by inviting him to their home for dinner. Everything was neat and in order. The family removed the T.V. from the living room and placed the Bible out on the coffee table. After dinner, they moved from the dining room to the living room for more comfortable seating. While sitting in the living room, little Sally was curious about the Bible on the coffee table. And so, she asked her parents, “Where did this book come from? I have never seen it before. And by the way, what happened to our television?”  David said: “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” (Psalms 101:2-3) Let me encourage you today. Character is those personality traits that set your apart and draw others to Christ through your life. Never think that it does not count. As the psalmist said, “Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.” (Psalms 93:5)

 

Sing: Holy, Holy, Holy. Holy, Holy, Holy. Holy is the Lord, God Almighty. And He is worthy to receive glory. Worthy to receive honor. Worthy to receive all my praise today. 

 

Thought For Today“Strength of character isn’t always about how much you can handle before you break. It’s also about how much you can handle after you’ve been broken.” Robert Tew

No comments:

Post a Comment