Saturday, April 27, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 Apr 27

 Prayer 

“It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,” (Psalms 92:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that I have noticed about people lately is many of them do not know how to pray, nor do they value prayer. I’m not being critical, but prayer isn’t being taught much in the home and in the church. People don’t pray over their food anymore. They don’t pray over the offering they receive at church. They don’t pray before trips. And they don’t pray for our nation’s leaders.  As Paul told Timothy: “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;” (1 Timothy 2:1-3). One day, I was sitting in my recliner, reading my Bible, and my cellphone lit up to tell me how much time I had spent on my phone for the week. I was somewhat taken aback at the number of hours that I had spent on it. And so I asked myself, do I give that many hours to prayer and reading my Bible? Or am I wasting valuable time strolling through social media and news feeds? Scripture says, “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” (Luke 18:1) prayer is associated with not quitting and giving up. The psalmist states: It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,” Prayer ought to be the key to unlocking our morning, and the lock that secures it in the night. Jesus left us many examples to emulate Him by. And one of those was prayer. As Jesus told His disciples: “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)

 

Sing: Whisper a prayer in the morning, whisper a prayer at noon, whisper a prayer in the evening, and keep your heart intune.

 

Thought For Today: “Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.” (Psalms 42:8)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment