Friday, April 5, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 5

Something That God Doesn’t Know, And Yet He Is Still God

 

“Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.” (Isaiah 44:8)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many times have you heard that God is omniscience? All knowing.  Well ... is that really a true statement? Well, God himself says that He doesn’t know everything. He doesn’t know any other God beside himself. (Humor) God is all knowing, and yet, He doesn’t know any other God. Paul states, “But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” (1 Corinthians 8:6) The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah, “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.” (Isaiah 43:10-12) He even asked Abraham, “Is anything too hard for the LORD?” (Genesis 18:14) God doesn’t even know any other God nor anything that is too hard for Him. As John said: “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.” (1 John 5:20) And Paul echoes this setiment when he says, “Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge:” (1 Corinthians 8:7)

 

Sing: Everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know, who Jesus is.  Everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know, who Jesus is. 

He’s the lily of the valley, He’s the bright and morning star. He’s the fairest of ten thousand, everybody ought to know. 


Thought For Today: “To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?” (Isaiah 46:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment