Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 9

A Recall to Character

 

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalms 139:23-24)

 

Today’s Morsel: Character is defined as the way someone thinks, feels, or behaves. In general, people who are considered to have good character often have traits like integrity, honesty, courage, loyalty, fortitude, and other important virtues that promote good behave.  I believe this is why grace is not only defined as God’s unmerited love, but also God’s divine influence in your life. God’s grace ought to cause you to restrain yourself from evil deeds and practices. Solomon said, “When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:” (Proverbs 2:10-11) David even proclaimed, “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.” (Psalms 101:2-4) Do David’s words reflect your thinking? How much do you value your character? Remember, the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked who can know it. May we pray daily asking God to keep our hearts and minds pure and stayed on Him. Character still counts.

 

Sing: To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus. On earth I long to be like Him. All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

 

Thought For Today: “Let not then your good be evil spoken of:” 

(Romans 14:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment