Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 Apr 16

Listen To Your Body

“Is not my help in me? and is wisdom driven quite from me?” (Job 6:13)

Today’s Morsel: Paul writing to the church at Corinth states: “For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.” (1 Corinthians 12:14-18)But are you listening to your body? These members that God has given you will often speak to you of things that are not right. Your feet might start to ache. Your eyes may start to lose their ability to read. Your hands and fingers may not be able to hold things as they once did. Your head may start to pound with a splitting headache. Your blood pressure may start to rise. I’m no doctor, but these are signs that something in the body is not working right. The same is true when you start to lose interest in church, reading your Bible, prayer, and witnessing to others. It’s your body telling you that something isn’t right. And you need to listen to what it is saying. John said, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” (3 John 1:2) In order for that to happen, you must listen to your body. You must realize that when your body speaks, you need to listen. Even Jesus told his disciples to come apart and rest awhile. 

Sing: I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way. I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey. When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes. 

 

Thought For Today“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Psalms 42:11)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment